Our client are a leading Legal 500 firm with an enviable reputation for their highly-rated commercial litigation team based in Buckinghamshire. Excellent transport links to London and the Thames Valley make this firm a popular choice for individuals seeking high-quality litigation work without a London commute. You would be based within a modern law firm who are proud of their collegiate culture and forward-thinking approach to flexible working and work/life balance. The firm have high retention numbers across all levels and encourage promotion internally when looking at expanding the partnership.
A unique opportunity has arisen for a Senior Litigation Associate with solid contentious insolvency experience to join the team and help drive this niche practice forwards. You will ideally have gained at least 5-6 years experience advising across a broad range of disputes, or alternatively, specialising in insolvency related disputes, which may include the below:
- Restructuring of solvent / insolvent companies
- Pre-formal insolvency advice and planning
- Advice on directors' duties and liabilities in relation to distressed or insolvent companies
- Formal insolvencies, including administrations, liquidations and bankruptcies
- Security reviews on existing or proposed loans
- Strategic acquisitions of insolvent businesses and assets from insolvency practitioners
- Advising on distressed situations such as difficult trading conditions (include directors' advice), winding-up orders and confiscating property or assets;
- Formulating effective exit strategies for owners and investors; preparing securities documentation; undertaking fraud investigations and pursuing and/or defending actions against directors;
- Handling complex and challenging Pension Regulation when insolvency looms; Members of our Insolvency & Restructuring team have also worked in-house at the Pensions Regulator.
- Litigation and recovery actions
- Asset tracing
- Directors' disqualification proceedings
- LPA Receiverships, and
- Cross-border insolvency and COMI issues
An attractive financial package is on offer.