You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Senior Account Director - Promotional Products
Senior / Account Director - Promotional Products & Materials
Company & Overview:
This is a particularly appealing opportunity for a successful SAM or AD because the company are over-achieving on their growth targets and have just won another significant piece of business. Their success is underpinned by a strong company culture of trust which fosters an environment that allows people to perform well and enjoy themselves, whether working from home or at the office.
They are a global company with headquarters in London and over 70 offices worldwide employing over 1,700 people. The UK office has around 120 people.
Established in 1947, the UK office has highly successful historical record of providing Promotional Materials to a broad range of organisations across the UK and Europe. They provide engaging and creative full-service solutions for diverse Promotional Material requirements. They have managed to be nimble enough to changes in market conditions and are very much a global leader in this niche space of the marketing mix.
This is a target driven role which involves speaking with and meeting customers and prospects on a regular basis, managing enquiries, projects and requirements, in addition to proactively generating interest from customers and prospects by putting forward new ideas with the support of a dedicated team. There is also a requirement to liaise with factories both in Europe and Asia (in English).
Account Directors are passed requirements and opportunities from new and established customers and prospects with an expectation that they will also proactively generate new customer sales themselves. Bringing clients across is not essential, just the desire to be involved in new business sales. The Account Director will be working with large, typically multinational, organisations based in the UK and Europe. Contacts generally work within the marketing or purchasing departments.
Guidance and internal training is given within a friendly and supportive environment.
- Meet or exceed targets.
- Develop a complete customer account portfolio, generating sales from both new and established customers.
- Contact prospects and take the initiative to develop new relationships primarily, but not exclusively, from warm leads. The Account Director is also expected to have some contacts of their own.
- Professionally maintain good communications and relationships with customers and prospects. This includes maintaining the customer relationship after the sale is completed, continuously looking to identify new needs and opportunities.
- Present products and/or solutions engagingly and confidently to customers individually and in groups.
- Manage customer requirements proactively including the development of new ideas and solutions to suit requirements and projects.
- Calculate selling prices and prepare quotations with the support of a dedicated team.
- With the support of the Purchasing Manager and dedicated team liaise with suppliers both in Europe and Asia obtaining pricing, printing and delivery information (all communications in English).
- Receive customer orders and, with the support of the dedicated team ensure the details are entered correctly onto our order management system for the Operations team to then process the order.
- Support and co-operate with the dedicated team to ensure all orders are fulfilled efficiently and effectively.
- Take responsibility for dealing with any problems that may on occasion arise.
- Visit supplier exhibitions and further develop knowledge of promotional marketing, promotional products and branding techniques.
- Driven and motivated individual with successful target-driven sales experience.
- A confident, friendly and proactive phone manner and desire to regularly speak with and visit customers and contacts are absolutely essential.
- Good experience in promotional marketing and ideally promotional materials.
- Good University degree with a strong English and Maths capability is highly desirable.
- Must be willing to take a proactive and intelligent approach to the role.
What will you get in return?
Salary: £60,000-£65,000 basic subject to experience and capabilities generous bonus contributory pension.
Benefits: on target bonus, over-target bonus accelerator, contributory pension, mobile, mileage allowance.
Location: This is a full time role that can offer a strong degree of flexible and remote working, but the office is based in Luton and some presence there will be important for team synergy.