Senior Digital Strategist - Global Digital Communications Company - £50k - £65k
We're working with a Global Digital Communications company based near London Bridge, who are looking for a Senior Digital Strategist to join the team. This company specialises in effective storytelling with digital approaches to help businesses communicate clearly. With more than 2000 global clients, this company has offices across Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific.
As a Senior Digital Strategist, you will define and lead client's digital strategies. You'll have a passion for understanding of client's markets, business objectives, audiences, and communications requirements. Combining this knowledge with expertise to deliver best in class strategic guidance and support:
- Acting as the strategic lead on large and complex sales opportunities and strategic accounts.
- Provide support and mentorship for Strategists on your assigned accounts.
- Working with the sales and account teams to provide ongoing strategic planning and guidance on your assigned client accounts.
- Produce estimates and support for sales opportunities and pitches as required
- Working with multi-discipline teams (including Content, Design, SEO, Analytics, Technical) to ensure clients strategies and recommendations are thorough, clearly defined and implemented consistently.
- Support the Director of Consulting to develop and implement a programme of continuous improvement within the strategy team.
- Support marketing activities through attendance at events, blogging etc. as required.
Client strategy delivery
- Work in multi-disciplinary teams and lead the strategic direction on client projects and communications activity
- Lead workshops and meetings with clients at all levels, including C-suite, to understand and define requirements and briefs for B2B and corporate clients.
- Undertake research to understand client markets, positioning, peers, audiences, and existing communications activity
- Perform analytics reviews of existing client digital channels to assess performance.
- Lead presentations, both internally and externally, including being able to present and justify your work to clients
- Lead the strategic element of new business pitches
- Build your own relationships with key client contacts to become a trusted advisor
- Offer expert insight and understanding of Digital Strategy offering and how this relates to wider digital / industry developments
- Be an advocate for all digital strategy offerings across the business, building relationships across all teams
- Build relationships with sales and with time, help to grow the content pipeline
Management and planning
- Work with Project Managers and Planning teams to scheduling your own time
- Provide project timing estimates, budgets and definition of strategy deliverables
- Support the Director of Consulting to mentor junior team members and assist in recruitment processes
- A proven track record in the development of digital communication strategy
- An enthusiasm for all things digital marketing and an appetite to learn new skills
- The ability to problem solve and generate ideas
- Experience of working in a client-facing role
- Knowledge of web analytics. In particular, Google Analytics
- Knowledge of SEO and organic search terminology and strategies
- Experience of working in digital marketing and/or corporate communications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A strong academic background (ideally up to undergraduate level or equivalent)