Marketing & Communications Manager - Oxfordshire - £40,000
This is a brilliant job... especially if you have a passing interest in SPACE.
We're recruiting for a company that were set up six years ago to help ensure the sustainability of Space. That is to say, the space around the planet Earth. This business cleans up the debris in the earth's orbit to ensure future space launches are safe and Satellites can be launched without being smashed to bits. Not your average company...
Headquartered in Japan, the business has expanded into the UK, United States, Israel, and Singapore with 200 people worldwide, 75 of whom are right here.
They're based in easily accessible, modern offices in South Oxfordshire and this role would require travel to the office 2-3 days per week.
So what's the role?
We're looking for a Marketing & Communications Manager to help devise and run European (MarComms) campaigns for the business.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing Communications you will have experience developing and delivering campaigns across on and offline channels. They're looking for an "all rounder" with experience of media relations, conferences/events, as well as digital content development and delivery. This is a fast-paced environment so you'll need to be comfortable juggling multiple projects at once.
- Develop high quality and engaging written content for UK and Europe activities for dissemination across digital channels, including the website, newsletter, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube channels.
- Develop and manage digital assets for UK & Europe campaigns on digital platforms
- Manage the digital content calendar for UK & Europe keeping up a regular drumbeat of engaging content.
- Analyse digital reports - devise strategies to build on results and engagement.
Media Relations & Events
- Develop media relations in the UK & Europe, reaching out to the press to pitch stories, securing coverage and responding to media enquiries in a timely manner.
- Manage the media platform, develop media database, and ensure it is kept up to date with the latest contacts for the media in UK & Europe.
- Play a significant role in planning and coordinating press/media events and visits as required.
- Coordinate the conference and events calendar - sourcing new opportunities for conference activities, visibility, and engagement.
- Conceptualise and deliver marketing materials (print, digital, merchandise) for conferences and events.
- Manage the inventory of MarComms merchandise and materials, and scope requirements for new merchandise.
- Oversee logistics arrangements for smooth running of events e.g., speaker support, side events, meeting planner coordination, support coordination across regional attendees, ensure deadlines are kept on track.
Marketing & communications administration
- Support budget management e.g., quotes, invoices, procurement system input and ensure the budget is kept up to date with the latest spend.
- Prepare briefs and project manage Communications and Marketing freelancers and suppliers through to successful delivery of materials e.g., design, digital, conference and video assets.
- Prepared to work out of regular hours and to travel occasionally.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a marketing or communications role, excluding internships and work experience.
- Excellent English writing and editing skills, able to succinctly summarise complex technical information for different audiences both specialist and non-specialist. Keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- First-hand experience using Content Management systems such as Drupal, WordPress, and internal communications platforms such as SharePoint. Experience of SEO and online advertising is a bonus.
- Demonstrable experience of developing newsletter content, visuals and at ease using newsletter platforms e.g., MailChimp.
- Adept at creating content for social media, generating engagement, analysing results. Experienced using platforms such as Hootsuite, Co-schedule or similar.
- Experience of using Google analytics and using results to feed into marketing and communications planning.
- Experience of managing media monitoring platforms.
- A flexible and can-do approach to delivering projects on time.
- Highly organised, with the ability to respond to priorities and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet competing deadlines. Effective at using project planning tools and keeping the team updated.
- Resilient, calm, and effective under pressure, with the ability to respond to change, adjust priorities and meet tight deadlines.
What's in it for you?
This is a very unusual, and exciting position in an industry that is set to grow exponentially.
Please contact for a full list of benefits and further info