Browse Joe Misseldine latest jobs
Chief Technology Officer - Flexible / Remote Working (UK)
London / South East
This online scale-up business has just celebrated its fifth birthday and has had a 7-figure net profit ever since it turned 2 years old. The incredibly competitive nature of the sports betting industry gave birth to a plethora of betting promotions to entice new and existing customers. These promotions allowed savvy gamblers to take advantage of markets using a risk-free match betting strategy. This business founded to educate this risk-free strategy to the less savvy betting customer as well as people that may have never placed a bet before by creating exceptional video content with clear and precise instructions. They began gaining lots of traction and built their subscriber base organically to highly profitable levels.
The bedrock of their business is their own suite of software that identifies betting opportunities for their subscribers. The core of the software is their odds system, which downloads data for hundreds of bookmakers across thousands of events (resulting in millions of rows of data) and maps that data into a central database for other systems to utilise. This data is collected by way of APIs, XML feeds and Python Screen Scraping. The odds system and related tools are .NET applications written in C#.
The software is complex and requires someone to manage it along with a team of 4 developers (Two Python, 1 full stack and 1 C# Developer.) That's where you come in. You will undertake a full audit of all existing tech processes and will assess ways to massively optimise systems and personnel; ensuring that the end product is flawless. This will involve a mixture of hands-on analysis / coding and guiding the team to deliver. You will be responsible for ensuring all software is able to deliver on commercial goals, whilst also ensuring the development of new systems and software to stay ahead of the curve.
The successful candidate should have a strong blend of the below attributes:
- Exemplary project management and leadership skills
- Familiar with AGILE or other methodologies
- NET (C#)
- MS SQL Server
- NET Core
- Knowledge of REST and Web APIs
- MS SQL Server (Writing SQL and stored procedures)
- Windows Services
- Database Expertise
- Some interest or experience in the sports / betting industry would be preferred.
What will YOU need?
- Extensive experience of managing teams of developers, preferably in a sports/betting company or an online aggregator focused business.
- Experience managing teams, recruiting talent, optimising software and bringing software to market.
- Genuine excitement at the prospect of driving a major tech overhaul with a lack of red tape.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive Salary: Up to £110,000
- Should you wish to have an office for the tech team or manage it fully remotely will be up to you. There would likely be a couple of team meetings per month if remote. Currently, the team reside in the midlands.
- Senior decision-making tech role in a fast-growing UK business as it continues to educate and smarten consumers in the sports betting industry
Please apply for a more detaileed conversation about the business.
Technical SEO Manager - Global Luxury Travel Business
From humble beginnings focusing on skiing holidays, this company has now grown to well over 400 people and are the market leader in multi-purpose luxury travel. They have a few leading brands under their umbrella that are all consistent with their luxury focus. The recent hiring of a new CMO has turned their attention to developing their in-house digital team, with the view to completely cut reliance on external digital agencies. They have identified SEO as a crucial channel that needs to be developed and as a result, have created a brand-new role for an SEO manager, who leans a bit more towards the technical side.
As SEO Manager you will be mostly responsible for all technical aspects of SEO across the company group, including growing this key marketing channel in core markets - the UK, US, Singapore and Hong Kong. Despite being technically focused in SEO, you will still understand how content, outreach and on-page SEO fits in to the mix, occasionally being active in these elements too. You will build and be responsible for a global SEO forecast as well as having a clear strategy and data points to measure the impact changes you make.
- Creating a global SEO strategy for core company brands (UK, US, Asia)
- Use industry best-in-class tools (SEMRush, Screaming Frog, Moz etc) and understand these tools and how they will aid the business.
- Intuitive understanding that in 2019, SEO is complex and is all about merging analytics, content strategy, outreach / PR and influencers, thus it is important to be cross functional in nature - having an eye on how other channels can help you but how you can help them.
- Understanding that company-wide marketing collaboration is essential to making SEO work.
- You will obviously have a passion for SEO and be curious and at the forefront as the digital industry evolves, ensuring your knowledge is never out of date.
- Experienced at building and driving SEO strategy across a global brand, with proven experience in outcomes based in data and campaign goals to measure the impact of your work.
- You will have a proven strong technical SEO knowledge, not relying on third party audits to discover technical issues.
- You will have worked in a business with international websites, ideally the US, Australia, Hong Kong and Singapore.
- You should have strong knowledge of technical SEO, usability and content-related aspects of a website and how this impacts natural search visibility, specifically: HTML, CSS, JS and how it impacts SEO; On-page SEO elements; Mobile SEO - mobile web.
- Organic/natural search algorithm principles and latest market developments.
- Experience working with a variety of different technical and business intelligence SEO tools.
What will you get in return?
- The chance to take ownership over an SEO function within a large and highly successful business in the luxury travel space.
- Progression: You will have every chance to progress to senior manager level and the chance to develop a team, through good performance.
- Competitive basic Salary
- Discounted Travel / Holidays
- Free on-site gym membership
- Excellent, diverse, sociable culture.
Marketing Automation Manager - B2B Technology Marketing
London / Surrey
Are you a marketing automation expert looking for a move into a leading global agency? Do you want to work on projects for one of the world's most recognisable brands? This is an amazing opportunity for a Marketing Automation Manager to join a rapidly growing Marketing team in Weybridge or our London offices.
A very well renowned global B2B agency, based in leafy Surrey along with a London office, Singapore office and New York office, are looking for someone to build upon, shape and own the marketing automation function. This agency consistently produces phenomenal results for both the world's leading technology companies and rapidly growing tech SMEs alike. They are approaching a 100 headcount globally and continue to grow year on year.
- As a marketing automation expert, you will be responsible for deploying B2B marketing automation campaigns for key client accounts.
- You will work with the team to develop and execute automation strategies, as well as taking ownership on large scale projects.
- You will be the day-to-day project manager and technical support for setting up of nurture journeys within the marketing automation platforms, with key understanding of triggers, wait steps etc.
- You will build campaign assets such as emails, landing pages and registration portals, and working closely with the client and project leads to provide input on email marketing strategy.
- Using your analytical mindset, you will produce campaign reports and documentation and present to both internal and external client stakeholders.
Key attributes that will make a candidate suitable:
- Your experience with automation platforms (ideally Marketo and Eloqua) will allow you to build and optimise key automated marketing campaigns.
- Your analytics experience will allow you to effectively analyse and report on campaign statistics and produce reports for stakeholders.
- Your technical understanding will allow you to quickly adapt to new systems as the department continues to grow.
- Your strong communications skills will enable you to effectively present to key stakeholders at all levels within the business.
- Your ambitious nature will encourage you to keep up to speed on changes and new modules within the different marketing automation platforms, and in-turn help deliver additional value and expertise to clients.
Digital Marketing Manager - B2B Technology StartUp
Berkshire / Buckinghamshire / Hertfordshire
The company are a small but rapidly growing tech start-up in incubation phase. They were spun out from, and are backed by, their parent company who are a hugely successful and profitable tech scale up. The parent company were founded in 2011 are fast becoming the best dashboarding tool for Enterprise IT and DevOps. While delivering SCOM based dashboards, they parent company came across a number of opportunities in SCOM itself that it felt would be best delivered by a dedicated team - so this exciting startUp were born.
They were established early in 2019 to give Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (aka SCOM) some much needed love, filling core platform holes, extending its core capabilities and integrating it into other tools such as ServiceNow - the best of breed ITOM and ITSM platform on the market.
You will be the first Marketeer in a small but rapidly growing company. You will be responsible for establishing digital presence, overseeing events and all aspects of product marketing. Your work will be instrumental in the success of the business
- Producing eye-catching, engaging content such as infographics, videos, blogs and more
- Delivering beautifully designed and intelligently crafted emails
- Creating lead nurture automation in existing automation platform (ActiveCampaign)
- Helping capitalise on the many leads free downloads generate
- Setting up and owning Google AdWords to promote products
- SEO optimization
- Creating great posts to grow social media following and engagement
- Helping plan and manage events in the UK and around the world, with opportunities to attend too
- Using best-of-breed digital technologies like ActiveCampaign, Wordpress, Google Analytics, and more
The successful candidate will have:
- 3 years experience in digital marketing
- Experience in marketing software products
- A bachelors degree
- Take a hands on approach
- Pride in the work you do
- Passion for your role and field
- The drive to start something from scratch and the grit to stick with it when the journey is hard
What will you get in return?
- 25 days holiday Bank Holidays
- Top tier pension scheme
- Private Healthcare
- 10% company bonus
- Core hours of 10am-4pm
- Some flexible / remote working offered