You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Senior Employment Associate - 4 PQE , Oxfordshire
Our client are a leading Legal 200 firm with an enviable reputation for all employment matters. Due to growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious and experienced Senior Employment Solicitor (4 ) to join their team based in Oxfordshire to handle a diverse caseload of both contentious and non-contentious matters. You will have ideally trained with a regional or city firm whilst demonstrating solid commercial acumen, and preferably some business development exposure.
The teams employment services include advising on employment contracts and policies, performance and absence management, disciplinary and grievance procedures and managing restructuring, redundancies and executive severance as well as ad-hoc, day to day support to employers. They also advise on all aspects of discrimination issues and regularly deal with Employment Tribunal and High Court litigation.
The firm are proud of their collegiate culture and look to exceed client expectations on every instruction. You will be joining a friendly and supportive team with an active social committee and regular opportunities to network with the wider firm. This is an opportunity to join a highly respected employment practice with ample opportunity to progress your career in the longer-term.
The successful individual will manage a caseload of Employment files, dealing effectively with cases and transactions. The active caseload will be a mix of both contentious and non-contentious work with a focus on working predominantly with Employer clients. You will also get involved in claimant work.
- Meet financial and operational targets and support the budgetary management of client matters.
- Build credibility with clients and develop your own client relationships through managing expectations regarding options, outcomes, risk and timescales.
- Develop technical ability, seeking excellence at all times. Begin to develop a niche/ sector expertise.
- Grow your internal and external networks of clients, intermediaries and contacts, building on your personal profile and reputation.
- Take responsibility for managing aspects of department wide projects.
- Take an active role within a small team, delegating tasks and client work to junior staff, providing clear instructions and monitoring progress.
- Ensure understanding of the firm's strategic goals and sets own personal activities/ objectives to align.
- Qualified Solicitor with a minimum of 0 to 3 years of post qualification experience in Employment law is essential
- Broad employment experience having undertaken both contentious and non contentious employment work for a diverse range of clients - Essential
- Ability to manage own files and delegate work to others - Essential
- Strong client management skills with a focus on delivery of excellent client service - Essential
- Ability to coach and mentor junior team members - Desirable
- Some experience of BD / marketing - Desirable
A clear career progression framework is in place and an attractive financial package is on offer.