2 Creative Jobs Found
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
Head of Development
This well-regarded, 35 strong agency, has been around since 2002 operating in the B2B tech space. In order to challenge the agencies at the top table they've decided they require a Head of Development to drive their digital department forward.
As the Head of Development, you'll be the digital face of the agency, leading and inspiring clients, devising strategies for ground-breaking projects, conceiving cutting edge ideas, and getting the most out of your team.
Due to the nature of the team, you'd still be required to be hands-on at times, often leading from the front as a role model. You'll be a problem solver, have a calm head on your shoulders, have a strong commercial focus and be able to manage the workflow through your team.
- Strong LAMP stack knowledge and experience
- Experience of Content Management Systems such as Drupal/WordPress
- Solid experience overseeing medium to large scale digital projects
- Experience of solutions design and/or system architecture
- Solid understanding of 'Object Oriented' programming and MVC frameworks such as Zend/Symfony2
- Proficient knowledge of front-end performance testing and optimization techniques
- Strong understanding of email and MA platforms including Eloqua, Marketo, Hubspot and Pardot
- Thorough understanding of performance and scalability
- Experience of team management and motivation
Aside from the salary on offer of up to £80k, there's also plenty of parking, 22 days' holiday (rising to a maximum of 25 with service), monthly company lunches, free eye tests, fizzy drinks fridge, Nespresso coffee machine, discretionary WFH days, flexible working (within reason) monthly socials, and a 3% pension, and of course, the chance to be part of something amazing.
Please ensure you send over a detailed CV and a folio brimming links to cutting edge projects you've been involved with.
Chief Technology Officer - Flexible / Remote Working (UK)
London / South East
This online scale-up business has just celebrated its fifth birthday and has had a 7-figure net profit ever since it turned 2 years old. The incredibly competitive nature of the sports betting industry gave birth to a plethora of betting promotions to entice new and existing customers. These promotions allowed savvy gamblers to take advantage of markets using a risk-free match betting strategy. This business founded to educate this risk-free strategy to the less savvy betting customer as well as people that may have never placed a bet before by creating exceptional video content with clear and precise instructions. They began gaining lots of traction and built their subscriber base organically to highly profitable levels.
The bedrock of their business is their own suite of software that identifies betting opportunities for their subscribers. The core of the software is their odds system, which downloads data for hundreds of bookmakers across thousands of events (resulting in millions of rows of data) and maps that data into a central database for other systems to utilise. This data is collected by way of APIs, XML feeds and Python Screen Scraping. The odds system and related tools are .NET applications written in C#.
The software is complex and requires someone to manage it along with a team of 4 developers (Two Python, 1 full stack and 1 C# Developer.) That's where you come in. You will undertake a full audit of all existing tech processes and will assess ways to massively optimise systems and personnel; ensuring that the end product is flawless. This will involve a mixture of hands-on analysis / coding and guiding the team to deliver. You will be responsible for ensuring all software is able to deliver on commercial goals, whilst also ensuring the development of new systems and software to stay ahead of the curve.
The successful candidate should have a strong blend of the below attributes:
- Exemplary project management and leadership skills
- Familiar with AGILE or other methodologies
- NET (C#)
- MS SQL Server
- NET Core
- Knowledge of REST and Web APIs
- MS SQL Server (Writing SQL and stored procedures)
- Windows Services
- Database Expertise
- Some interest or experience in the sports / betting industry would be preferred.
What will YOU need?
- Extensive experience of managing teams of developers, preferably in a sports/betting company or an online aggregator focused business.
- Experience managing teams, recruiting talent, optimising software and bringing software to market.
- Genuine excitement at the prospect of driving a major tech overhaul with a lack of red tape.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive Salary: Up to £110,000
- Should you wish to have an office for the tech team or manage it fully remotely will be up to you. There would likely be a couple of team meetings per month if remote. Currently, the team reside in the midlands.
- Senior decision-making tech role in a fast-growing UK business as it continues to educate and smarten consumers in the sports betting industry
Please apply for a more detaileed conversation about the business.