Senior Planner - Shopper Marketing
Senior Planner - Retail Marketing Agency - Buckinghamshire - £50k - £70k
***Flexible working offered***
We are recruiting for a retail focused marketing agency who have been creating campaigns for some of the world's most iconic brands for more than 30 years.
Part of one of the largest marketing communications networks in the world, this agency have 260 employees split across nine offices in the UK & America. They specialise in helping their clients create connected experiences with their customers through core practice areas of Retailer, Shopper and Amazon Marketing Services.
The Senior Planner or Strategist role is an incredibly important hire for the agency. The successful candidate will report directly to the MD and be the go-to planning resource for the account/creative teams for large strategic shopper initiatives as well as smaller quick turn around projects.
- Develop strong working relationships with clients to become their trusted strategic partner
- Build shopper marketing planning initiatives from scratch in conjunction with the creative team.
- Run research to provide actionable insight on competitor activity
- Identify the right touch points (traditional or digital) to best influence the customer
- Work closely with the MD and Creative Director to establish planning as the bedrock of the agency's offering.
- Assist in new business pitches as and when required.
For which you will need:
- Exceptional creative brief writing and journey mapping skills
- Experience building learning plans for both qualitative and quantitative research initiatives
- Working knowledge of common planning tools - Mintel, Experian, Simmons, Path to Purchase, IRI, Nielsen etc
- Knowledge of retailer channel, in particular grocery
- Compelling communication skills, ability to distill complex concepts into actionable directives
- 3 years minimum in a similar role for an agency
- Thorough understanding of Shopper Marketing/Activation
What's in it for you?
This is a stand out opportunity to join the senior management team of a network agency in what will effectively be a Head of Planning role.
As you would expect, the benefits are excellent.
- 28 days holiday bank hols
- Contributory pension @ 4%
- Flexible working
- Perk box
- Company car allowance
- Free parking
Please apply ASAP or contact