1 Creative Job Found
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
Product Designer (App) - Exciting Tech Start-Up
Now approaching 15 people, this growing Start-Up are set to scale up quickly. The business is disrupting a traditional industry and after a couple of years of trading so far, they have had thousands of customer orders, with consistence MoM revenue growth.
they are a close knit and talented team on a mission to build the world's best procurement platform for the construction industry, starting in London. They're-imagining the supply chain for one of the largest yet least digitised sectors on the planet, to make ordering between contractors and suppliers easier, more efficient, and more cost effective. They are now looking for their first product design led hire to initially focus on their new app!
The role overview:
As a Product Designer, you'll initially own and drive the entire app design process from its earliest stages through to shipping and iterating on a feature. Alongside the senior product manager, marketers and engineers, you'll ensure that every product decision made builds value for both the business and their users. If you see yourself as a well-rounded designer with strong app focused experience and a Sketch expert, then this could be a great option for you.
You will join as the first product designer, and work with a cross-functional product team. Over time, you'll get to work on many areas of the product surface, solving design problems on behalf of customers and suppliers.
Specifically, you will:
- Design experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant while solving real user problems and creating value for the business
- Accompany every feature and product you work on from idea through to launch and iteration - you'll own all stages of the design process
- Work in close collaboration with customers to conduct user research and testing to deeply understand user problems, validate hypotheses and iterate
- Help improve as a team and company. You'll contribute to an inclusive and positive working environment for everyone, ensure they leverage design effectively, interview potential new team members, introduce new practices, mentor others, and help build a more user-centred culture
Successful candidates will have a strong blend of the below attributes.
- 3 years of experience working as a product designer in an in-house environment - ideally you will have worked in close collaboration with engineers, product managers and marketers and know how to bring out the best in all of them
- Strong experience with Sketch and other relevant web/app design products
- Experience in user testing and user research
- Commercial pragmatism - you'll have a keen interest in how the business works, and will be able to translate this into your own decision-making
- Thoughtful approach to design - your decisions will be based around a deep understanding of the problem to solve
- A flexible way of working and a broad toolkit - you'll be autonomous and able to adjust your process to suit the project
- Great listening and communication skills - you'll be able to communicate complex ideas clearly and concisely to colleagues at all levels of the business